The data that we collect, how we collect it and why
We collect the data that you share with us whilst using the service and the data that you generate whilst using the service.
We will only process protected data such as information about your health, if such processing is required to help treat or manage the heath of the patient, or when we specifically obtain consent from you.
Data that you share with us in order to receive value from the service:
- Contact information including your name, e-mail, telephone number and address
- Information about the patient including their issues, medications and information reported back via the reporting feature and chat functions, and information you share via these functions
- Billing information such as amount paid or earned
- Ratings and reviews
- Log-in information such as username and password
- Information on your profile, such as your picture, bio, skills and capabilities
- Information generated throughout the application process, including a copy of your DBS (sighted, but not stored, in compliance with all DBS registered body regulations)
- Feedback and survey information
- Issues and complaints information
The following only applies to carers who use the platform:
Other information that we request in order to better serve you:
- Some services that we use may collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address (This shows them your ISP or geographic area but on its own, does not identify you, however, could be linked with an IP address you used to access PrimeCarers).
- We may also collect a unique identifier for your computer, mobile device, or other device used to access the PrimeCarers ("Device Identifier") which could be used to identify which pages you viewed and be linked to other information you have provided us
- Cookies used to track you across the web, however, we do not link this to your profile. These are stored on your browser, so you can delete them at any time.
- Web Beacons, such as the Facebook Pixel, tell us how you navigate around the platform. We use this data in an aggregate way to improve our services.
Information we collect through technology is collected to better serve you:
Information You Provide About A Third Party:
- We collect data you share with us, such as name and email, via our referral scheme
- Any information that you provide about someone else, must be done so with their consent
How we use the data we collect
We use the information we collect to serve you, improve that service, recruit carers, ensure safeguarding and promote our services. These uses include but is not limited to:
- Registering you on the platform
- Enabling you to send and receive messages
- Enabling you to schedule, reschedule and cancel services
- Rating and reviewing the service
- Reporting on the work that has been done
- Managing payments for services
- Recruiting carers
- Ensuring safeguarding for the benefit of clients/patients
- Providing carers with patient information where required
- Providing public profiles of carers
- Addressing complaints, questions and feedback
- Investigating disputes and other issues
- Troubleshooting technical problems
- Communicating with you by email, telephone, or text messages
- Improving our services
- Sending you marketing and promotional materials
- Marketing and advertising products and services
- Identifying and preventing privacy breaches
If you wish to opt-out of promotional e-mails, text messages, or other communications, you may opt-out by following the unsubscribe link or by contacting PrimeCarers directly.
We delete information about you, where required to by law and on your direct request. We also remove information that we consider inappropriate or no longer relevant, at our sole discretion.
Your data is just that, it belongs to you. As such, you have a number or rights:
- To be informed about the processing, transfer, storage and origin of additional data.
- To be informed of any profiling based on the data you provide
- Tor receive a copy of your data on request or have that transferred to a third party
- To have it deleted on request
- To object to how it has been or is being processed and used at to be able to opt out of such processing and subsequent decision making on the basis of your data
- To request us to stop contacting you.
Who we share the data with
Information about clients
In order to provide you with a high level of service, we share information entered about patients with the carers working for them. Clients can manage this from the user management panel, choosing to share viewing or editing privileges with carers and others they choose to invite. This can include:
- Patient information shared in the care plan
- Medication information shared in the care plan
- Previous reports, which act as handoffs between carers
Information about carers:
PrimeCarers publicly shares information about the carers on the platform including but not limited to:
- Skills and capabilities
- Reviews and aggregate rating
Where a review has been shared PrimeCarers retains the right to share the review in full, the rating and the first name and initial of the person who provided the rating, as well as their general location
Carers may use this information to promote their services, as will PrimeCarers.
Sharing information with Third Parties
Third party companies and individuals provide or facilitate certain aspects of the services offered through the PrimeCarers. We may provide these third-party service providers with access to your information, including your Personal Information so that they can perform these services for us. We require these third-party service providers to provide safeguards for your Personal Information similar to the ones that we provide.
We may share your information in the following ways:
- We may contract with third-party service providers to help us improve our services
- We may disclose your Personal Information when obtaining legal advice
- We use Stripe, a third-party service provider, to process any billing information, including credit card information you submit
- We may be required to disclose Personal Information in response to a court order
- We may disclose account and other Personal Information when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of PrimeCarers, our users, or others. This includes exchanging Personal Information with other companies and organisations for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
How we keep your data safe
Data security is important to us, we have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorised access or disclosure and improper use.
Only employees who need to access your information to perform their roles are given access to it, this is controlled and access revoked at the earliest opportunity. Employees are made aware of the importance of data privacy and security.
Where password access is required, you are responsible for keeping your password confidential.
Please note that despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information.
We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age, as anyone younger than 13 is not authorised to use PrimeCarers.
In the event of any sale of PrimeCarers, we reserve the right to disclose and transfer your information, including your Personal Information to the subsequent owner:
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Contact information and ComplaintsIf you have any questions or concerns, please contact PrimeCarers at Admin@primecarers.co.uk.
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.