Find a carer near You
Find a Day Carer Today
Day Carers in your own home
Hiring a private day carer with PrimeCarers can provide an extra helping hand to keep you independent and living in your own home. A day carer provides the most flexibility of all your care options. You can have them pop in twice a week to help you use the bath safely or three times a day to help move around the house and get you dinner.
A private day carer can be the most affordable way to enlist the help of a carer. When you work with a private day carer directly, you cut out the middle man and can pick the perfect carer for you.
At PrimeCarers our database of pre-vetted, skilled and compassionate carers are ready to chat with you. Just search for carers in your local area now with the above search box and then pick which carer you'd like to contact.
If you think a day carer might not be right for you then you can call our team on 0203 369 3624 and we'll be happy to understand your needs and discuss what type of care would be suitable for you.
What are Day Carers?
A day carer is there to assist to the elderly or disabled in their own home. A day carer should work around an individual's life and schedule to cause as little inconvenience as possible. They can help you with:
- Personal and continence care - This category includes showering, toileting, dressing and changing pads if required.
- Medication reminders - Reminding your loved one to take their medication at the correct times of the day.
- General housework - Cooking, cleaning, shopping and all the other tasks that your loved one might be struggling with.
- Companionship care - Making time to have a cup of tea and a chat with your loved one to help ease feelings of loneliness.
- Clinical care - Provisioning specialist support for managing colostomy bags, stomas or ventilators to name a few.
- Moving and Handling - Operating lifts and hoists to help you or your loved one move around the house.
How does it Work?
Who are day carers for?
Depending on what help you need there is probably a solution that can work for your unique situation. We've listed a few examples of the sort of scenarios that we help people with regularly:
- Light Housework - The first stage of care might be someone needing a bit of help around the house and some companionship for a few hours a week.
- Daily Care - If you or your loved one is struggling to remember to take medication and cook meals then a carer visiting two to three times a day can help manage the situation.
How much do day carers cost?
The answer to this question depends on how much care you are looking for but broadly care is charged for by the hour with a discount for longer blocks of hours.
- Hourly Care (under 6 hours) - £14-18/hr
- Shift Care (6 hours or more) - £12-16/hr
At PrimeCarers we allow carers to set their own prices so that they are always rewarded fairly for their skills and years of experience. The above prices are the common price ranges for care on the site. When you work with traditional agencies or other providers the costs may be higher than this.
Paying for a day carer
There are a couple of potential ways to pay for a day carer ranging from local councils to the NHS.Paying for a day carer We've covered all of the details in our cost of care guide so start there if you need additional help paying for a day carer.
How can I find a day carer with PrimeCarers?
If you want to start exploring your options with PrimeCarers the first step is to put your postcode or location into the search box at the top of the page and see what carers are available in your local area. You can filter carers by specialist skills, price or distance from you.
After you've found a few carers that you think will suit your requirements then you can click the “Contact Carer” button to send them a message. You'll need to verify your email address but then you can exchange phone numbers and chat as much as you'd like. While you're chatting make sure to explain your requirements and your schedule. When you've narrowed your choices down by who is available to help at the times that you need you can invite the carers for an interview of up to an hour for
In order to invite a carer for an interview, we require that you enter a set of bank card details. This is a way to safeguard carers on the platform so that we have a line of identity back to who booked the visit.
If the interview was a success then you can agree and book your visits straight on the PrimeCarers platform. Your carer will arrive for the booked visits and we'll collect payment from your card 24 hours later in case there were any problems.
You can call our team on 0203 369 3624 to see if elderly care is the right option for you.